The seasons change in different ways throughout the year, and all things go through the growth and harvest stages. This is the principle of nature and we, as practitioners of life cultivation, go with the flow.
We live in an environment that witnesses seasonal changes. Therefore, we should live a life that is in harmony with Nature, and our foods and drinks and daily activities should follow the seasonal changes.
As practitioners of life cultivation, we follow the practice of four seasonal changes and five ways to enhance our lifestyle. Here are our diet plans for the Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter.
According to the guru of life cultivation, Sun Simiao: Spring has seventy two days. We should reduce intake of sour foods and increase intake of sweet foods, all for the purpose of keeping our digestive system in good order. The cooking should be less salty, or hot and spicy.
02 Nutritional requirement
(01) As practitioners of life cultivation, we eat high-calorie foods in early Spring. In addition to cereal products, we will eat high-quality protein such as milk, eggs, shrimp, fish, beef, chicken, glutinous rice, soybeans, sesame seeds, peanuts, walnuts, etc.
(02) As practitioners of life cultivation, we make sure that we take in adequate vitamins and minerals to enhance our body’s resistance and immunity in Spring. We will eat foods containing vitamin C (tomatoes, green vegetables, potatoes, cabbage and bell peppers, etc.), foods containing vitamin A (carrot and yellow, green vegetables), foods containing vitamin E (green cabbage, cauliflower and sesame, etc.)
03 Important foods
As practitioners of life cultivation, we will eat
(01) staple food such as glutinous rice, brown rice, oats, etc.
(02) Fruits and vegetables such as spring bamboo shoots, spinach, bean leaves, squash, lentils, red dates, longan, walnuts, chestnuts, buckwheat, barley, lettuce stem, eggplant, cucumber, mushrooms, dried fruits, dried persimmons, etc.
(03) Fresh fruits such as pears, sugar cane, bananas, etc.
(04) Foods that slightly increase our vital energy and fend off the wind and cold. Foods such as leeks, garlic, onions, mustard greens, coriander, ginger, green onions, etc.
04 Typical dishes
(01) A soup made of Green onion, fermented soybean, and tofu soup. Reputed to fend off the common cold.
(02) A soup made of Ginseng, Astragalus, and beef. Reputed to invigorate the kidneys and strengthen sperm production.
(03) A soup made of Japanese Yam and red dates. Reputed to invigorate the spleen and stomach (digestive system) and improve body deficiency.
(04) A salad made of wolfberry (goji berry) leaves. Reputed to moisturize the lungs and improve eyesight.
(05) A soup made of Spring bamboo shoots and wolfberry (goji berry). Reputed to increase the serum protein level.
(06) A dumpling made of mustard green and egg. Reputed to increase appetite and cure dysentery.
(07) A stew made of chicken, gastrodia and astragalus. Reputed to calm convulsions and relieve pain, activate blood and energy flow.
(08) A stew made of chicken, codonopsis (a type of ginseng) and astragalus. Reputed to invigorate the spleen and stomach (digestive system), build a strong body and anti-aging.
(09) A soup made of tomato, tofu and fish ball. Reputed to nourish the spleen and stomach (digestive system) and fight against cancer.
(10) A stew made of turtle, cordyceps and red dates. Reputed to fortify the kidneys and sperm production.
Call to Action Summary
Folks, that is all for now. If you think this article may be beneficial to your friends and loved-ones, feel free to forward this article to them. Life cultivation is mostly for older people with declining body health. If you are young and energetic, this may not be your cup of tea. However, if you have family members or friends who are middle-aged or older, they may want to practice life cultivation to maintain a life without pain or medication.
This is an extract of the full treatise published in the Mustang BodyWorks Series, a paid-subscription. You may buy this full treatise for the price of US$5.00-20.00, using your PayPal account.
Stay tuned for the next episode: Food War and Peace.
Call to action: Subscribe below for notification to read more new blogs for free.
Call to action: Subscribe to Mustang BodyWorks Series with our support. You may then practice life cultivation all by yourself at your home at your own pace.
Call to action: Join Mustang Life Cultivation Club for life cultivation practice with our support. You will have a personal mentor to guide you along.